The Biotechnology Hub
The BioTechnology Hub, located in Cantebury at the University of Kent, provides businesses with new research possibilities; from alternative ways to manage crop diseases to environmentally-friendly packaging options.
It specialises in sustainable food and drink research and is run by some of the leading experts in plant biology, post-harvest and packaging.
With new cutting-edge equipment, the research team based at the Hub are able to support horticultural and plant-based food and drink businesses to solve a wide range of challenges;
- Identifying and controlling crop diseases and pathogens
- Optimising plant growth conditions
- Developing sustainable packaging
- Improving biocontrols
- Creating new sources of proteins for food
- Producing high-value compounds, like fragrance or enhanced flavour, from plant material and waste
- Analysing chemical components
- Maintaining healthy soils.
New state-of-the-art equipment
To help you test and research better quality products, the Biotechnology Hub as has invested in new state-of-the-art equipment, including:
- Cell Image Analysis Facility
- Biomolecular Science Facility
- Biological Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Facility
- Biosensor development
- Animal cell and bacterial fermentation.
By working with the Biotechnology Hub, you have access to the research experience, knowledge and resources at the School of Biosciences at the University of Kent.
Get in touch
If you would like to discuss how the Biotechnology Hub can support your business and product development, please get in touch.